HEAVY OIL MANUAL OPERATION
HEAVY OIL MANUAL OPERATION
LIGHT UP & ADJUSTMENT
- Make sure all fuel shut-off valves are closed. Open furnace door and dampers.
- Start blower and check direction of rotation. Care should be taken that discharge or the suction on the blower is closed during start-up.
- Start outflow heater, oil pumps and line heaters and circulate oil through the ring main. temperature should be in the range of 100 to 110Deg.C. for 1500 secs. Redwod No.1 oil and oil pressure at the Ratiotrol 25 to 30 psi.
- Open burner air valves and zone control valves wide for purging the furnace.
- When the Furnace is purged of all combustible gases, turndown the air control butterfly valve to 1/4 or less open (Low Fire Position), leaving individual main and atomizing air butterfly valves fully open.
- Insert a torch through the pilot hole opening in the mounting plate and gradually open sensitrol oil valve till burner lights up.
- After burner is lit, gradually open zone air butterfly control valve till the burner has reached high fire condition. Set air/fuel ratio by adjusting the sensitrol oil valve. This is the ‘HIGH FIRE’ setting. Gradually the sensitrol valve if required. Lock the sensitrol oil valve by tightening grub screw provided on the valve bonnet. Also move indicator to sensitrol handle position. This act as high fire position indictor close the zone air butterfly valve to 1/4 or less open, loosen the spring catridge lock-nut and adjust spring cartridge of the Ratiotrol to set air fuel ratio. This is “LOW FIRE” setting. Gradually increase to high fire and adjust. The air-fuel ratio of the burner is now set.
Note: If burner does not light up within 15 to 20 seconds, close sensitrol oil valve and Purge the furnace before trying to light up again.
- Never light-up burner from hot brick work.
- Never light-up burner from another burner.
- Shut-off oil to burner by closing oil shut-off valve.
- Shut-off pumping unit.
- Do not shut combustion and atomizing air. Radiated heat from the furnace can damage burners and also carbonize oil in the oil nozzle.
- Open dampers to purge furnace.
- Shut off main air after the furnace has cooled down, but allow atomizing air flow for another 15 minutes.
- The oil should always be piped from below the burner centerline.
- The difference in elevation between the burner centerline and Ratiotral should not be more than 300 mm (12”).
- The impulse lapping should be at least 5 air pipe diameters away from the butterfly valve and 3 pipe diameters before any bend or construction. In cases where there is space limitations then install the impulse tap parallel to the butterfly valve shaft.
- For impulse line use half inch pipe reduced to 1/4” at the Ratiotrol.
- Air pipe lines should always be piped from burner to top or side but never from the bottom to avoid possibility of oil dripping into the air pipelines
- For burner block installation refer to us for brick lined wall and ceramic fibre lined wall.
- For mounting dimensions, weight and other installation details, write us.